Breast Health Navigators
The Women's Health & Imaging Center at TriStar Centennial provides multiple screening methods for finding breast cancer early. Dr. Richard Greer describes the newest technology in the HealthBreak segment above.
A breast health navigator is a health care professional trained in breast cancer care, who guides and supports patients and their families through the many challenges of breast cancer. The navigator is dedicated to bringing together all multidisciplinary team members involved in a patient’s care. The breast health navigator will provide assistance with:
- Understanding diagnosis and available treatment options
- Understanding what resources are available and how to access them
- Overcoming barriers and coordinating care with the entire healthcare team, including:
- Understanding your medications
- Connecting patients with outside resource centers such as the American Cancer Society, PearlPoint, YMCA ABC program, Susan G. Komen, and Gilda’s Club for group support and breast cancer related products
- Providing educational materials
- Improving communication between the healthcare team and hosting multidisciplinary breast cancer conferences to assure personalized breast cancer treatment for each patient
- Offering patients the opportunity to participate in clinical trials
Breast Health Navigators are currently available at the following TriStar facilities: TriStar Centennial, TriStar Skyline, TriStar Summit, TriStar Horizon, TriStar Southern Hills, and TriStar StoneCrest.